Friday, September 24, 2010

Perfection


This article at Single Dad Laughing is really, really amazing.  The desire to appear perfect all the time is something that I struggle with all of the time.  I've come to understand that all it does is make life harder for you & alienates you from other people, because you can't be your wonderful, imperfect self with them.  I've been so worried about appearing perfect at times that it paralyzes me, & I can't tell even the people I love the most what's wrong or ask for help, because I'm afraid of looking weak & exposing my flaws.  It's no way to live!

It's so much easier to own up to your weaknesses & address them, which allows you to begin to let them go.  & it really is easier...keeping your worries & fears pent up all the time is exhausting!  The stress of it all takes a toll on you emotionally & physically.  & really, no one expects you to be perfect, & you're not fooling anyone when you try to seem that way!  Just let go & you will learn how much happier you can be when you are true to yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. You are beautiful. Thank you for being real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for starting the spread of such a great message!

    ReplyDelete