Friday, July 22, 2011

The Nail File: Polish OCD

I may be displaying my slightly obsessive side here, but I found a clever way to keep track of what nail polish I already own.  I just spent the last few hours making a Filofax-portable file of all my polish so that when I compulsively buy it, like the addict I am, I won't buy a color I already have.

So, step one, I cut fairly thick sketch-pad paper to Filofax personal size (I just used a sheet from my filo) & punched holes:

Next, I lined up all my polish by color.  I considered doing it by brand but I'm generally not fussed about the brands I use, & the whole point of the exercise is to not get duplicate colors, so rainbow it is:

Then I wrote down the name of each color & painted a swatch, in 1-coat, 2-coat, & 3-coat varieties:

So there you have it!  Maybe a little bit fanatical but useful, no?  The swatches are taking quite a while to dry so no pictures of them in my Filofax yet!  But one day I promise to show off my filo!


Also, new nails!

Sinful Colors Hottie over Revlon Minted!  I love this!  Sparkles ^_^


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS IDEA :-D Cannot wait to see your Filofax

    And oh my your nails are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I am totally going to do this. You are a genius. I seriously have like 5 versions of every color because I impulse buy. Adore you!

    ReplyDelete